Monday 9 February 2015

Final Pieces for Snow White and Rose Red Book Cover Brief

This bookmark was created on
Adobe Photoshop. I used the
photographs of the roses that I had
edited and added patterns in the
background that look like falling
red and white petals. I then added the
phrase "Snowy White, Rosy Red,
Will you beat your lover dead"
as said by the bear in the story.
 I put a hole in the top and twisted
 a purple ribbon around it.
Here is the bookmark in a book, showing how it would look when
it is being used. The ribbon would poke out of the top of a closed
book allowing the reader to easily find their place.
 





Here is one of the covers I created. I used the two edited roses, which I
slightly overlapped, and then added the petals in the background.
 I wrote the title in a gothic font as it fits with the story and
with the authors. The cover is simple but looks professional.






This shows the first book at different angles.
 




Here is the other cover I created. I made the cottage on
Photoshop, painting several bricks individually and then placing
them together in random orders using copy and paste. I did the
 same with the roof tiles. For the door I used a similar technique
and then made the extra bits separately.The windows were created
using the rectangle tool and the paintbrush tool, and I hand painted
the girls in them with acrylic. I made the trees using edited photographs
 of bits of ribbon cut like leaves and the roses. The trunk I made using
the paint tool on Photoshop. I used a grass art brush on Photoshop
for the grass, spray brush for the gravel, and the soft edged paintbrush
 for the clouds. Again, I used a gothic font. I don't feel this one looks
as professional as the first.
This shows the second cover as a book
from the front and the side.




No comments:

Post a Comment