Wednesday 28 January 2015

Thumbnails and Ideas for Nature Brief

Thumbnail ideas for a campaign poster to raise awareness
 about saving forests
Responses to existing nature posters


One of my thumbnails developed and draw with
coloured pencils and fineliner showing a bird
 and a squirrel in a tree with the phrase
"It's more than a tree, it's a home"

I developed the idea further, drawing the tree with black
marker on brown paper and on white paper drawing the
animals with fineliner pen 

I also developed one of the responses - here I drew
a robotic deer to suggest that this would
be the future if we were to continue destroying
woodland areas using a fineliner

I then drew the deer in a different position with it's
 head turned to look behind itself, however
 this one didn't show as much detail


Here I have sketched the idea of an owl in a tree with
pencil and decided on a phrase that I felt would have
been effective with the purpose of the poster 

I then redrew the owl in the tree in fineliner and
wrote the message with a marker to make it stand
out against the picture

This is a water painting inspired be Lucinda
Rogers' work showing a man jogging down
a path in the woods to show woods benefiting
people with more than the beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment