Wednesday 28 January 2015

Research and Responses for Book Cover Brief - Growth and Evolution Theme

Research on artist Anita Mejia - One of my
options was to create covers for the Brothers
Grimm fairy tales and I felt her unique, vintage
style fit very well with these versions

And here I my responses to Mejia's work.
The first is Rapunzel looking out of her tower,
the second s Little Red Riding Hood holding
the basket she took to her Grandma, and the
third is the princess from the fairy tile The
Fiddler

Here I have analysed the work of Si Scott
as I felt the simplicity of his designs fit
well with my other option - to create covers
for the series of books written by Karen Rose.

These are my responses. I drew the main
images on three different book covers
already existing in the style of Si Scott
with a fineliner pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment